EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
March 27, 2017, 10:17:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: FAQ: Configuring hotkeys for softSpin and iRotate  (Read 47700 times)
Rik Wang
Administrator

« on: July 28, 2004, 09:37:49 AM »

softSpin takes a minimalist approach to software design, and is geared more towards administrators than end-users. It is however easily configured by administrators and end-users alike: softSpin stores all its settings in a private ini file - softspin.ini - which can opened and edited in Notepad or the text editor of your choice.

Hotkeys in particular can be redefined to suit user preferences and eliminate conflicts with other programs. Hotkeys are specified using a decimal value that represents the Windows scan code, e.g., F1 is VK_F1 or 112 decimal. The default assignments are listed below (remove the comments):

Code:
[Hotkeys]       ; base hotkey section
Rotate_0=38     ; standard landscape mode - Up by default
Rotate_90=37    ; rotate 90 degrees - Left by default
Rotate_180=40   ; rotate 180 degrees - Down by default
Rotate_270=39   ; rotate 270 degrees - Right by default
Gamma_Inc=33    ; increase gamma - PgUp by default
Gamma_Dec=34    ; decrease gamma - PgDn by default
Gamma_Reset=36  ; normalize gamma - Home by default

Consult the included on-line documentation for more information on reconfiguring softSpin: Windows Start menu > Programs > softSpin > On-line documentation

NB: iRotate users should follow the same instructions, susbstituting "irotate" for "softspin".

Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 06:16:55 PM »

Quote from: "Rik Wang"
softSpin takes a minimalist approach to software design, and is geared more towards administrators than end-users. It is however easily configured by administrators and end-users alike: softSpin stores all its settings in a private ini file - softspin.ini - which can opened and edited in Notepad or the text editor of your choice.

Hotkeys in particular can be redefined to suit user preferences and eliminate conflicts with other programs. Hotkeys are specified using a decimal value that represents the Windows scan code, e.g., F1 is VK_F1 or 112 decimal. The default assignments are listed below (remove the comments):

Code:
[Hotkeys]       ; base hotkey section
Rotate_0=38     ; standard landscape mode - Up by default
Rotate_90=37    ; rotate 90 degrees - Left by default
Rotate_180=40   ; rotate 180 degrees - Down by default
Rotate_270=39   ; rotate 270 degrees - Right by default
Gamma_Inc=33    ; increase gamma - PgUp by default
Gamma_Dec=34    ; decrease gamma - PgDn by default
Gamma_Reset=36  ; normalize gamma - Home by default

Consult the included on-line documentation for more information on reconfiguring softSpin: Windows Start menu > Programs > softSpin > On-line documentation

NB: iRotate users should follow the same instructions, susbstituting "irotate" for "softspin".

Where can I find a scancode list. These don't match anything I've found.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 06:36:49 PM »

38 - Up
37 - Left by default
40 - Down
39 - Right
33 - PgUp
34 - PgDn
36 - Home

WTF? I have this

up arrowkey 72
downarrow key 80
leftarrow key 75
rightarrow key 77
or
Up arrow                key 50
Down arrow              key 58
Right window            key 62
Left window             key 63
Home                    key 49
Page Up                 key 51
Page down               key 59

Where are you crazy kids getting these crazy numbers.
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 04:32:52 AM »

We are using Windows virtual key codes...

lennu

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 05:46:10 AM »

How do I have to change the INI-file to configure hotkeys for multiple monitors/devices with iRotate?

My INI-Files shows [Device1] and [Device2] - so do I create two sections [Hotkeys1] and [Hotkeys2]?

Regards,
  Lennu

---
Lennart Freyberg
Systemadministrator
Bonner Zeitungsdruckerei und Verlagsanstalt H.Neusser GmbH
rasved

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 02:53:09 AM »

Hi.

I have tried to solve the hotkey problem, both by adding and removing lines in the .ini-file,  but no matter what I do the hotkeys are always Ctrl-Shift-arrows, which are commonly used as marking text word-by-word, and hence VERY annoying!

So my question is: How do I disable the rotation hotkeys in iRotate?

If it is of any importance; I use a two-screen setup with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 card.

Thanks in advance,

-R
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 03:55:19 AM »

Clearly you are doing something wrong. I suspect either syntax errors or you are editing the wrong file, but I'd need to see the file and know how you are launching iRotate and under what OS.

rasved

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 04:44:25 AM »

Quote from: "Rik Wang"
Clearly you are doing something wrong. I suspect either syntax errors or you are editing the wrong file, but I'd need to see the file and know how you are launching iRotate and under what OS.

I don't agree on that :-)

First I tried to add two new sections: [Hotkeys1] and [Hotkeys2]. To avoid the conflict with Ctrl-Shift-arrow, I added scan-values for some obscure key.
Then I tried with the new scankeys in the [Hotkeys]-section. No solution.
Then I removed the section. So far that's the best solution: Now only Ctrl-Shift-up conflicts.

I'm running WinXP Pro, and I start iRotate from the startup-folder in the start menu.

Thanks in advance,

-R
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 05:27:05 AM »

Well you didn't post your file, so I can't see what you've done, but there is no such thing as a "Hotkeys1" or "Hotkeys2" section.

First thing you should do is close iRotate and make sure its not some other program that's conflicting.

Then add the following switch to the irotate.ini file in your iRotate folder:

[Options]
Hotkeys=0

Make sure if you cut and paste that there is no trailing space at the end of each line.

With this switch set, there are no hotkeys used by iRotate.

rasved

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 06:26:55 AM »

Yahoo :-)

I wasn't aware of the Hotkeys=0 option, but you are right. No hotkeys are enabled now. Thanks a lot.

-R
olasonn

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 09:55:28 AM »

I am trying the Hotkeys=0 solve posted here, but it is not working for me.
Any other ways around it?

(using Vista, if that matters)
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 10:31:49 AM »

It does work, so you need to correct whatever it is you are doing wrong.

Since you are running Vista and probably have UAC enabled, you need to edit the irotate.ini file in your APPDATA folder.

AnyInt

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »

Hi,

Sorry in spite of this post, I can't seem to find the iRotate .ini files so I can switch off the hotkeys. Can anyone help?

They're driving me mad: they coincide with excel shortcuts.

Any idea why this switch isn't in the user interface anyway?

Thanks
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 04:47:58 PM »

1. Close iRotate if its running
2. Open a CMD window
3. Type "set"
4. Scroll the result and find your "APPDATA" folder - it will be indicated by nnn in "APPDATA=nnn"
5. Open your APPDATA folder and edit the irotate.ini file; if there is no irotate.ini file create one
6. Add the following switch:

[Options]
Hotkeys=0

Make sure if you cut and paste that there is no trailing space at the end of each line.

7. Save the file to disk

Any idea why this switch isn't in the user interface anyway?
Yes. Because iRotate doesn't have a user interface.

manos

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »

They're driving me mad: they coincide with excel shortcuts.

They also co-incide with Visual Studio shortcuts, and pretty much any text editor in existence.  Thank goodness for this thread.  I would humbly suggest changing the default hotkeys.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: