EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
October 01, 2014, 10:13:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error at launch time: "Failed to create key\nError Code  (Read 2032 times)
Pierre
« on: May 09, 2005, 02:13:00 AM »

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed PowerStrip (file version is 4.10.3.59) and when running it, I get two detection messages about my two first graphic cards (Matrox G550 and Matrox-MED3mp-DVI) and then I get an error message :

"Failed to create key\nError Code: 5."

After that, I get the PowerStrip tips, and that's all. No working powerstrip shows up after that. Killing pstrip.exe and starting it again just shows the error message again.

I have an additional RADEON 9250 PCI card which does not appear to be detected (or is causing the trouble?) which has a T221 monitor attached to it.

Any idea how I can circumvent this problem and get powerstrip to work?

Pierre

PS: I am using Windows XP SP2 on a bi-Xeon 1.7GHz box.
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 04:21:59 PM »

There is a log you can use:

1. Close PowerStrip if its running
2. Open the pstrip.ini file and add the following switch:

[Global Options]
Debug=1

3. Save the file back to disk
4. Restart PowerStrip

Then close PowerStrip with Task Manager (if there is no other way), and send me the pstrip.ini file and the pstrip.log file, along with a link to this thread.

Pierre
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 09:56:07 AM »

Hello Rik,

I have replaced one of my graphics cards by another model and the problem has now disappeared. So I won't be able to investigate this any further.

But thanks a lot nevertheless.

Kind regards.

Pierre
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 03:39:39 PM »

Ok, just as well - I tried to reproduce this with 2 x Matrox cards and 1 x Radeon (enabled and disabled), but was unable to generate the error...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: