EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
September 02, 2014, 10:33:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multires restores default resolution before batch file runs?  (Read 10509 times)
MrBackAlleySka

« on: May 01, 2006, 06:32:56 PM »

Hello guys, I seem to be having a little bit of a problem with MultiRes. I have a program that I wish to run in 640x480 when it starts up, and restore my default resolution when it closes. I made a .bat file and ran the program through that .bat file, but the resolution changes to 640x480, then back to default, before the program is run.

Here is my .bat file

"C:\Program Files\MultiRes\MultiRes.exe" /640,480,32 /exit
C:\WizGold\WIZARDRY.EXE
"C:\Program Files\MultiRes\MultiRes.exe" /restore
pause
cls

Have I simply set it up wrong? What I want to happen is
1. run .bat file, (Wizard.bat)
2. Multires.exe opens it's "doslike" command window and changes resolution to 640x480
3.Wizardry.exe runs, in the 640x480 resolution
4. Wizardry.exe is closed
5. MultiRes.exe restores resolution to default (1024x768)
6. MultiRes displays "press any key to continue..." in the command prompt to close the command prompt.

It DOES this when I make a batch file:

"C:\Program Files\MultiRes\MultiRes.exe" /640,480,32 /exit
C:\EXILE3\Exile3.exe
pause
cls

but not when the first batch file with the Wizardry .exe in it. It does:

1. Opens Multires.exe in a "doslike" command prompt
2. Changes resolution to 640x480
3. Changes BACK to default resolution (1024x768)
4. Runs Wizardry.exe
5. Command prompt screen displays "press any key to continue..." to close the command prompt.

Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated!
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 03:52:03 AM »

I am guessing that the reason for the difference is the that "wizardry.exe" is just a loader - i.e., it loads something else and then exists, so MultiRes sees it exiting and then restores your settings.

It is easy enough to test: just load wizardry.exe and then check task manager to see if it still running in your processes list.

MrBackAlleySka

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 04:13:37 AM »

Hmm, no it dosen't seem to be a loader of any sort. Wizardry.exe does start up, and stays in task manager the entire time. Dosen't close then re-open, or open something else.

However I am beginning to think that MultiRes is THINKING for some reason that wizardry.exe is closing before it starts. If I remove the /restore line in the .bat file, everything works just fine. (except of course that I have to manually restore resolution after exiting the program.)

Would there be any way I could set up the batch file, to where it would change resolution when I open wizardry.exe, but not change resolution back  when it senses Wizardry.exe "closing" and instead changes resolution back when I close MultiRes's command prompt or something?
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 05:39:46 AM »

MultiRes doesn't "think" - it simply does what it is told to do when it is told to do it. In your case its the batch file that is telling MultiRes to restore your settings.

Try this:

"C:\Program Files\MultiRes\MultiRes.exe" /640,480,32
Start /w C:\WizGold\WIZARDRY.EXE
pause
cls

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: