EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
April 27, 2017, 04:52:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I use TVicPort?  (Read 96571 times)
annette2401

« on: May 23, 2007, 07:22:02 AM »

Hello,

I want to access to port I/O and therefore use that program, but I don't know how I can work with it and how to test it. Is there any manual or tutorial? Do I have to install the program?
(I am using Delphi 6.)

I would be very grateful for any help.

Greets, Annette
Dmitry
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:46:16 AM »

Dear Annette,

you can start with our examples. From Delphi 6, just select one of the Delphi examples, try to compile and run them. After that, you may use these examples as a start for your own TVicPort-based applications.

Dmitry,
Toolkits technical support
annette2401

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:17:06 AM »

Dear Dmitry,

thanks a lot for your answer!

I already tried those examples and I succeeded in compiling and running them. But then, I don't know how I can work with them.

For example the LPT Sample Application: I've chosen the right port and plugged in a printer to try what happens, but nothing happens neither if I set the Pins state manually nor if I push some buttons on the printer (before that I opened the Driver of course). The problem is that I don't know what I have to expect.

And with the Port I/O test application its the same...

So there is no tutorial? I wonder why its just me having those problems...

Greets, Annette
Dmitry
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »

Annette,

first of all, you should know that out toolkits (i.e., TVicPort, TVicLPT) are inteded to work with parallel port, but not with the specific device connected to parallel port. Generally our toolkits are used to work with non-standart devices attached to the PC, and our customes are always aware of what they are doing.

You can write to parallel port, but not write to device, because these are not the same operations. You, and only you may know about the internal algorithm of your printer or other device attached to parallel port.

In general, I recommend you to read technical documentation about your printer and IEEE1284 standard. It's more complicated than you may think.
After that you can get some idea what signals are your printer is waiting for and how it will respond to these signals, you'll be able to get the expected response

You can try the following. Write to LPT data port (0x378) all "1", then all zeros and measure the voltage on LPT pins of your PC with a tester. I think you'll get the idea how to move on then.

Dmitry,
faraholic

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 09:00:57 AM »

I've installed TVicPort but i dont know how to play around with the example of parallel port codes in VB6.. I hope someone will help me on this..

p/s:do i need to use port i/o codes which included in example in VB codes?, regarding on my project,i only use parallel port...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
faraholic :|
12val12

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 08:59:43 AM »

Dmitry  how to use TVicPort  in  Freebasic ,I found examples nowhere . (desirably on Russian)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:04:34 AM by 12val12 » Logged
Dmitry
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 03:02:10 AM »

We have not examples in FreeBasic, sorry.

Dmitry,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: