EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
August 24, 2017, 02:30:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiRes: 'The best of the best in Windows© Freeware'  (Read 21805 times)
Rik Wang
Administrator

« on: January 31, 2004, 09:48:21 AM »

MultiRes has been selected by the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup for inclusion in the 2004 list of "Pricelessware: The best of the best in Windows© Freeware" - for the third year in a row.

I'm not sure its deserving, but it certainly is flattering to be included with the likes of Ad-aware and WinAmp...

Mark Rejhon

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 11:46:47 PM »

I actually still use MultiRes even to this day alongside PowerStrip :-)

My favourite use for it is a QuickRes replacement (Windows' version of MultiRes).   It's much better than QuickRes because I can quickly change refresh rates for my videogaming, as PowerStrip doesn't have a quick way for me to change refresh rates on a single click.    

It's great that MultiRes is compatible with PowerStrip; PowerStrip automatically uses my preferred custom refresh rate only until I override it in MultiRes with a one-click frequently-used refresh rate for videogames.

In my opinion, I think it qualifies for the award just because it's stayed on my computer for so damn long -- unless there's a better near-perfect Microsoft QuickRes replacement I don't know about.

Thanks,
Mark Rejhion
http://www.marky.com
petermwilson

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »

Hi,

I agree with Mark, I use the ATI component dongle to connect to hy HDready tv.  I really don't change drivers on my vid card unless I have to and even though my AIW8500dv allows for another Monitor, the Component dongle (unlike the KD tanscoder) can not be used with a cheap A/B switcher and must be attached directly to the card. (if that has changed with new ATI drivers please  feel free to let me know.

My CPU and pc monitor are in the adjoining room to my HT with a hole drilled through the baseboard and a Logitech RF cordless Kb/Ms's reciever is in the HT.  When I switch to my PC Monitor, I turn off the computer, unplug the comp dngl, plug in the monitor, reboot and use Multirez to switch to an appropriate monitor rez.

It's a fabulous time saver and the one monitor set up makes life simple for me.

I realize that the features of the ATI card may be under utilized but my priority is having a solid 1080i rez for my HOLO3D card.  I own both the AA and KD transcoders and although I appreciate Karnis's T&R's for my 65" rptv the dongle seems to give me a more solid 1080i.

Anyway, on the office side all I do is a quick click on Mutires and I'm done so I don't think it gets enough credit.

I think I registered Powerstip in late 2000 and am not sure if Mr existed then.

Peter M.

Dyslexia, "For a cure found."
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 02:06:35 PM »

PowerStrip is the older program, first shipping with a 3dlabs Permedia card from Britek in 1996 (it was only offered to end users a year later). MultiRes is the baby, and was first released to the public only in 1998..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: