EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
October 25, 2014, 06:15:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DDC/CI Question  (Read 21878 times)
p3tar

« on: November 06, 2007, 07:45:30 PM »

Hi all

I have two Philips 200P7ES monitors on nvidia 7900GT card. As soon as  I bought them I installed softMCCS so I could view detailed info about them. And it worked fine until today. Today I updated my graphic card drivers and under Device Manager/Monitors i had 3 Default Monitor and 2 of my Philips listed. I am not sure did I have those Default monitors before installation of drivers. So  I installed softMCCS again. Now one of my monitors is DDC/CI enabled and other is not?!. I dont have OSD control for enabling/disabling DDC/CI. I uninstalled recently added drivers and installed another version. I tryed couple of versions and at the end softMCCS is showing that both monitors are DDC/CI disabled. I have monitors drivers installed. Is it possible that drivers have disabled DDC/CI on my monitors or is it just driver/graphic card error? Is still can adjust parameters(Brightness/Contrast etc) via Nvidia control panel but I am not sure is that adjusting done on card or monitors. Thanks
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 07:15:42 AM »

No, it is not possible for the display driver to disable DDC/CI, but most newer monitors much have a OSD option to disable DDC/CI (its a Vista requirement). Also a lot of monitors are only DDC/CI enabled on one port at a time, and only if the port is active.

Try power cycling the monitor.

p3tar

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 07:05:40 PM »

Today I installed latest nvidia beta drivers for Windows XP and tryed softMCCS again and now both monitors works, DDC/CI info is supported and displayed in program. Strange :?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: