EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
November 23, 2014, 02:59:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon HD 3850 AGP Doesn't Work!  (Read 4194 times)
XrayDoc88

« on: June 02, 2008, 04:53:23 PM »

I just installed the Sapphire HD 3850 AGP video card.  The Catalyst 8.5 reference drivers from ATI would not install because "supported hardware was not found".  I was able to install the 8.5 "Hotfix" drivers posted on the Sapphire website.  However, PowerStrip is not functioning now.  The PowerStrip process still loads and takes my CPU usage to 100%.  I cannot actually launch the GUI however.  There is no system tray icon.  I cannot use the program at all.  Is this a known problem?  Is it occuring because the "Hotfix" drivers are flawed?  Is the AGP version of the 3850 just not supported in PowerStrip?  What can I do?
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »

There is no good software or hardware reason for PowerStrip to hang and cease functioning. The only known reason for PowerStrip to hang is use of a crack, or bad user configuration (which means you had to be able to run the program successfully to begin with).

If you aren't using a crack, close or terminate PowerStrip and post the pstrip.ini file.

XrayDoc88

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »

I assure you I am not using a "hack".  I'm a paid, registered user who has used PowerStrip on this same computer for years.  PowerStrip stopped working when I installed the Sapphire 3850 AGP card and the "hotfix" drivers from Sapphire's website.  This is the first video card that has required me to use an OEM's modified drivers instead of the standard ATI/AMD drivers.  That is why I thought PowerStrip might not be working with these different drivers.  I have already uninstalled PowerStrip.  If I have time, I'll attempt a reinstall and post the pstrip.ini file.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: