EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
June 26, 2017, 04:37:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: mControl Released  (Read 59889 times)
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 05:33:08 AM »

The quote characters I posted are neccessary on the command line, since the less-than- and greater-than-signs are reserved for redirection.
Ah, yes - I was referring to the Windows Run command-line. An alternative symbol will be permitted in the next release so quotes aren't necessary.

Start mControl, hide it and then open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter
Code:
mcontrol.exe "/2>setcontrol 10 64"
After that, the command prompt window won't have the focus anymore. I'm planning to execute the setcontrol command in the background periodically to refine your economy mode, and under this circumstances it would be bad if the active window looses focus every minute.

Gotcha... this issue is fixed in the next release.

Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 07:53:43 PM »

...which is now up as Build 580. The focus should be released back to the calling app in batch operations, and you can use ":" instead of ">" to specify the monitor number, e.g., "mcontrol /2:setcontrol 10 4B".

mcorio

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 01:40:01 PM »

Ok, I tried with the "/", all that happens is that the app launches and shows in the tray, there is no console output?

1. This was asked previous but I did not see the solution posted. I am having the same problem: when running from the command line, the Setxxx commands affect the display as expected, but the Getxxx commands return no response to the command window. I am considering using this in a production configuration/test setting so need to be able to set and then verify the settings.

2. Are there commands to read and/or write the EDID information using the command line interface?

Thank you much for your help.
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »

1. This was asked previous but I did not see the solution posted. I am having the same problem: when running from the command line, the Setxxx commands affect the display as expected, but the Getxxx commands return no response to the command window.

No it doesn't; not sure how that would be possible without exiting - and end users don't really need to read from the display.

But you can use the asset management interface for bi-directional communication - see the read me.

2. Are there commands to read and/or write the EDID information using the command line interface?

Read, yes. Write, no.

mcorio

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 07:56:47 AM »

Thank you.
The asset management functions require using the registry keys. Do you have an example of their use? Are they updated only at program start or in response to command line commands? I intend to do this under program control without user interaction. Any other suggestions are welcome.

What is the command for reading the EDID?

Thanks.
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 08:01:51 AM »

Did you read the release notes/read me? I believe your questions are answered there.

mcorio

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 04:16:30 PM »

According to the Release Notes for mControl, the SaveCurrentSettings command "saves current settings to NVRAM". Is this storage in the monitor or the PC?
Thanks.
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 06:39:51 PM »

Monitor.

jerry2

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 06:22:52 AM »

I'd like to buy this utility to switch between my 2 PC's (the inputs)...

Do I need one licence or 2?

But please, why is there no documentation :-( I don't know how to switch DVi1 to DV2 on my U2410 Dell with command line input to make hotkeys :-(((

I have tried the mcontrol /1>setcontrol 60 3 but nothing happens. Using OSD the input is switched...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:36:30 AM by jerry2 » Logged
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »

Do I need one licence or 2?

One.

But please, why is there no documentation :-( I don't know how to switch DVi1 to DV2 on my U2410 Dell with command line input to make hotkeys :-(((

There is documentation - see the release notes. But even I can't tell you how to switch DVI1 to DVI2 without seeing your mControl diagnostic report, because each system configuration and monitor is different and the appropriate commands are specific to that configuration. For example, on the system I am currently using, my laptop's LVDS panel is monitor #1 and my external multifunction LCD is monitor #2. So:

"mcontrol.exe /2:setcontrol 60 3" switches to DVI1
"mcontrol.exe /2:setcontrol 60 4" switches to DVI2
"mcontrol.exe /2:setcontrol 60 1" switches to VGA1

However:
"mcontrol.exe /2:setcontrol 60 11" should switch to HDMI1, but doesn't work because the monitor firmware doesn't support software switching to HDMI1.

And of course:
"mcontrol.exe /1:setcontrol 60 3" does absolutely nothing because my laptop panel only has one input.

jerry2

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 02:07:29 AM »

Thank you it works now, the >2 was too much :-(

Just one thing, I can switch to input 2 from input 1 but then I can not switch back. I suspect this is normal as when I switch to DVI2 I can only control the monitor using DVI2 computer, is that right? I can not control it over a non active DVI?

So I can not switch back and forth the picture, I have to use the other PC to connect back. Would make sense, but just to make sure I ask ;-)
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 04:13:48 AM »

You have it exactly right - only one computer can control a monitor at a time.

jerry2

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »

Thank you. It is great your software works on my monitor, most software don't work and say I don't have a DCC capable monitor (of their company I guess)... But it doesn't work on my other computer, windows xp / Radeon 7200 / VGA input. Is the VGA problem for DCC? Or is the gfx card too old, hmmm...

I'll of course pay shareware fee for such great program you have made. I hope you improve it further, like non transparent windows in GUE and brightness in % (numbers) instead of only sliders.
jerry2

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 07:39:34 AM »

Seems it is the VGA that is the problem, using DVI DDC works. So DDC works on HDMI and DVI only, what about Display port?
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »

VGA and DP are both supported, along with DVI-D and HDMI. Check your cabling.

Since most brightness and contrast firmware implementations are based on a max of 100, it seemed pointless to make the value shown percentage based. You can, of course, feed mControl a SetBrightnessLevel command that takes a percentage as its value, e.g., but it applies to all connected monitors.

"mcontrol.exe /setbrightnesslevel 85" - to set the brightness to 85% of the max. on all monitors

As for getting rid of the slight UI transparency, save the following registry script to disk, then execute/merge it with your registry, and restart mControl.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EnTech\mControl]
"AlphaBlend"=dword:000000ff

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: