EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
May 22, 2017, 09:04:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: some help needed please  (Read 8087 times)
homebase

« on: May 09, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »

Hi,Im not sure whether this is in the correct area or not.
My issue is I keep getting security audit failures in windows with TVicPort.sys   
I emailed entech support but got a reply along the lines of I was using "hacked software" very helpful
I have done some digging through the various windows and whatnot and found the security certificate expired in 2007.Which is odd as Ive only had the pc about 8 months.
How can I rectify this?
Thanks.
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:33:56 PM »

I think you are confusing different things. Start over: what is tvicport.sys doing on your computer? how did it get there?

homebase

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 06:05:02 AM »

Ive no Idea what tvicport does on my pc its in device manager under non plug and play drivers and its had the error as long as Ive owned the pc (from totally brand new)
If I look in windows event log I have pages and pages of security audit failures for TVICPORT.SYS,If I go into system32/Drivers and find it,right click,properties and click on the digital signatures tab I can see that the certificate expired 25/09/07.Can it be renewed?
This is vista HP 32 by the way.
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:26:17 AM »

If you don't know how it got on your system, you should uninstall and/or delete it immediately - no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

If some program you have installed subsequently comes up saying it can't find TVicPort or some such thing like that, then you contact the publisher of that program, tell them what you did and why you did it, and it is up to them to provide you with a solution.

TVicPort is a passive device driver - a tool used by other programs. It is up to the publisher of the program that uses it to provide digital certificates for everything they install. For all you know, TVicPort has been installed and is being used by a key logger or some other malware that you've downloaded unwittingly.

Dmitry
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 03:15:33 AM »

Once again - TVicPort.sys driver is used by some third-party software and I can not even imagine what this software is. To remove all doubts about it, simply right-click on TVicPort driver in Device Manager and select "Uninstall".

Dmitry,
Toolkits technical support
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: