EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
December 13, 2017, 03:23:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: multires /restore option  (Read 7296 times)
saq

« on: July 21, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »

Hello,
during a /restore execution in a script multires does not seem to change the monitors resolution back to what it was previously if the monitor is labeled by Windows as "Monitor 2". I have tested this on multiple computers and every time it leaves "Monitor 2" at the resolution set during the call of the script. It also seems like it is ignoring my defined multires.ini file that I created trying to troubleshoot this issue that indicates what the monitor of "Monitor 2" is suppsod to be.

example script

@ECHO OFF
ECHO CHANGING RESOLUTION DO NOT CLOSE
C:
cd \"program files\MultiRes"\
multires.exe /ini=c:\multires\multires.ini /1:1024,768,32 /2:1024,768,32 /exit
start /w mstsc "C:\multires\RCM Terminal Server.rdp" /span
ECHO RESTORING RESOLUTION
C:
cd \"program files\MultiRes"\
multires.exe /ini=c:\multires\multires.ini /restore /exit

It changes both monitor1 and monitor2 to 1024x768x32x60hz and launches RDP properly, when RDP quits and the /restore runs it restores "Monitor 1" properly to the resolution set in c:\multires\multires.ini but it does not restore "Monitor 2" to the resolution defined in either the INI or what it was set to previously, it leaves it as 1024x768x32x60.
Please advise.
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 05:34:32 AM »

Yes, I'm afraid that is a bug/oversight - restore only works on the primary monitor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: