EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
October 22, 2017, 12:31:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a video card that can set timings in 1-pixel increments  (Read 8511 times)
dpl

« on: December 09, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »

What video chipsets, if any, support setting timings in finer than 8 pixel increments?

I need to generate 675 line RS/EIA-343 video (CCTV).  It's like NTSC but with more lines.  The hardware I'm sending the video to is pretty picky.
I have a copy of the published spec which gives all of the timings in microseconds.  The spec requires timings be within 1%.
The problem is that most video cards only set timings in 8-pixel increments, and I can get it close, but it's still out of spec.  No joy.

The other gotcha is that the system drives 3 displays:  1 VGA, 1 NTSC, and one RS-343.  Which means I need 2 video cards.  The present setup has 3 Radeon 7000 PCI video cards right now and an unused AGP slot (it works great for the hardware that needs 1 VGA + 2xNTSC).  Getting a video card that plays nice with these is a bonus.  Yes, 2 PCIe cards would work, but not having to replace the entire computer is highly desirable.

jwright201040

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:42:48 AM »

Try the latest NVIDIA cards. That might work for you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: