EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
October 17, 2017, 02:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rapiddrv full uninstall  (Read 6029 times)
BisPaolo

« on: February 11, 2010, 02:19:15 AM »

Good morning,
I'm working on a windows xp professional operating system, and few day ago i installed rapiddriver demo software, we evaluated the software and we decided for a different solution so i uninstalled rapiddriver software. Now when i install a new usb device the system ask me to install the rapiddrv.sys. Is it correct, i don't think so, is there a mode to full uninstall rapiddrv software, register keys and all other link?
thank for help
VictorI

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 12:36:49 AM »

Last driver name was saved by the operating system. Simply run Device Manager, select your device, click on "update driver" and install the right driver.
Jason1

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:19:38 AM »

Hello!

I am having the EXACT  same problem as the first man. I uninstalled your demo program, and after that, when i try to install the original USB driver for my device, it says i should point out the location of "RapidDrv.sys", which i have already uninstalled along with the demo program.
I have to mention, i deleted all the files related to the demo program, and i have deleted all the Registry keys associated with it, i restarted again and again, it still keeps saying it wants the file's location, and frankly, i can't do anything much more about it. I want to completely remove any traces of your application so that i can use my original driver+software again, without anything else.

I must mention that your faulty demo uninstaller has already wasted a lot of my time and my team's time, and i wish to get back to my system's settings without ever having installed the demo.

My cfg: Win XP Sp3

PS: Before deleting ALL of the registry keys left over, when i plugged in the USB device, it said (in DEVICE Manager) it was a 'Rapid Driver Device'. I was perplexed, as i had already uninstalled your demo program.  Shocked

I hope you respond soon.
Alex & The Team

VictorI

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:34:46 AM »

Once again: Last driver name was saved by the operating system. Simply run Device Manager, select your device, click on "update driver" and install the right driver.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: