EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
August 19, 2017, 02:37:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: adding an install switch for graphics card driver  (Read 21387 times)
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 12:57:42 PM »

I'm afraid I've never heard of netbook that does 1024x768 native. Perhaps someone else here has.

wguru

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 08:12:15 AM »

After formatting the AOA150, I've simply resolved to using the external monitor and simply unplugging it's serial cable before booting back up.  That way the AOA150 doesn't re-set the graphics settings to the default 800x600 and what was so annoying (if leaving the cable connected at boot up) the AOA150 would re-configure the Intel GMA Driver for Mobile settings back to default.  Again to avoid that and by doing so, my set scheme for 1024x768 is retained.  Moreover, if I forget and leave the cable connected when re-booting, only the windows flash screens appear (welcome and password), but as soon as I'd enter my password, both display screens would go blank.

Long of the short of it is just this.  The XPH/SP3 AOA150's default display driver affords setting for 1024x768, but it seems my external monitor is designed for 1280x800 SXGA and seems to have some issue with my display driver, so I've finally figured out how to use it and avoid the annoyance of finding my desktop icons being rearranged (ie; set the driver for "monitor", 1024x768 and avoid booting up with it's serial cable connected to the monitor, then after boot up, simply select the driver's display scheme I've set.

Thanks for all the time and attnetion afforded, but it seems my issue was a mis-con-booberated graphics driver, ie; the two interfaces for display settings by using the Windows's and Intel's interfaces, apparently can get corrupted and/or set so they interfere with each other, but reinstalling and thereafter avoiding as much as possible the use of the Windows display interface and my workaround) seem
to be affording my use of the monitor andeven my 1024x768 setting.
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 04:24:52 AM »

This may be less complicated than you have found it to be. Your netbook panel has a default resolution of 1024x600, and your external LCD has a default resolution of 1280x800. You should use either one or the other, but not both at the same time unless you configure XP for 2 independent displays.

In other words, either you are looking at your Acer netbook panel at 1024x600 and the TouchMate is off/blank/disabled, or you are looking at the Touchmate at 1280x800 and the Acer netbook panel is off/blank/disabled.

You should never be at 800x600 or 1024x768, and you should never have bother displays enabled at the same time in clone mode, because they do not share a common optimal resolution.

wguru

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 01:56:46 AM »

Thank you for replying.  I've since alleviated much of the troublesome useage of the external monitor (seen when shutting down and re-booting the Acer).

In XP's (Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family) display adapter's settings, I've set the default monitor to 1024x768, then in the adapter's Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile settings, my saved scheme is also set for 32bit 1024x768.

Now whenever I go to shut down, I try to first simply un-plug the monitor's connection to the Acer.  For some reason, now I'm finding that even if I forget to un-plug the monitor, XP's Windows will still boot using both displays (Acer's and the external monitor's) a least until right after I enter my password and click 'ok'.  But 'if' I inadvertantly still have the external plugged in, it's display only then drops out (prompting 'out of range') and the 1024x768 display refreshes on the Acer's display.  Then all I have to do is briefly un-plug and re-plug the external monitor, then use the sys tray's display adapter's
'select scheme' (clicking on the saved scheme's 1024x768 listing) whereas the monitor usefulness is restored.

I think the 'trick' was realizing and using a particular option in the adapter's 'select scheme' "options", ie; my ticking the box for "restore the display settings after exiting this application" which I initially expected it to do just the opposite of what it seems to do.

So for now, it seems regardless of what either machine's default display screen sizes are, I can use each one usually without so muchas even the minor annoyance of occaisionally re-arranging the desktop icons.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:10:50 AM by wguru » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: