EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
April 27, 2017, 10:25:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iRotate vs Diamond S9250 PCI 256 DDR ATI card  (Read 7714 times)
Mono

« on: May 05, 2010, 07:59:06 AM »

I own this card
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/553705/Diamond-Stealth-S9250-Radeon-9250-PCI/?cm_mmc=Mercent-_-Google-_-Computer_Upgrades_and_Add-Ons-_-553705&

I have been using PivotPro (different versions) for a while. I started to get the error
"An unhandled win32 exception occurred in explorer.exe [xxx]
after installing a bunch of video editing/capture apps trying to find a reliable one that will allow me to pull clips of a DVD (Wondershare). I uninstalled all the others.

I have spent the last two days trying to get the screen rotated on one of my monitors again. If I remove the PivotPro software, the unhandled exception does not occur, so I figured it was PivotPro.

I then found your iPivot and installed it. When I try to rotate the second monitor, it fails, the monitor goes dark and is removed from the Display properties "settings" tab.

When I try to extend my desktop back on it, the operation fails with a suggestion that I might not have the required priviledges (I am the administrator)

If I restart the monitor is recognized again but I get the same behavior. If I try to rotate the primary monitor, nothing happens.

I tried re-installing the video card drivers and the monitor drivers. no change. I suspect the ATI software. I seem to have video cards blow up or develop noise every year or two on this pentium 4 XP Pro machine for some reason. It is always a painful exercise to get my rotated monitor working.

I usually have to do some dance where I fire up with the analog first which becomes the main monitor and then plug in the digital one. But the system then switches over to it as the main monitor and refuses to switch back. So I have to dance around and sometimes on startup I get what I want and other times I get non rotated monitor and task bar on the wrong monitor.

The last time I went to great trouble to contact Diamond who got back to me months later (literally) only to tell me that their software does not support the rotate feature with windows XP SP3. Its so frustrating, but I live with it. Today I have reached my limit. I need to get back to work.

If you think you know what might solve this, please suggest away. Other than that, I am ready to head down to Frys Electronics and purchase another (my fourth) PCI or AGC video card.

This time I would like to by a dual DVI capable card and would welcome a suggestion for one that you *know* works well with iRotate. I seem to have had better luck with ATI cards than with nVidea. I had a really bad experience with one of those cards years ago, but that may have been a exception.

Would greatly appreciate any help.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:03:55 AM by Mono » Logged
Mono

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 12:33:05 AM »

ooooooooooooook well thanks fanyway. I bought a new graphics card and iRotate works with that.
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 03:55:50 AM »

These things tend to be driver issues, rather than hardware issues, and if the manufacturer is no longer updating drivers, problems become unresolvable. You don't say what graphics card you ending up getting, but someone else with the exact same card could have problems with rotation simply because they are using a different driver than you are... Something to keep in mind before you think of updating your display driver...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: