EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
April 27, 2017, 10:23:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB directional sensor for iRotate  (Read 7636 times)
beert

« on: June 19, 2010, 06:41:47 AM »

As I have a screen which can be rotated through 90 degrees to be used in portrait orientation, and on which some USB-port are available, it would be 'fun' if an USB-sensor would be available that automaticaly fires iRotate to follow the lcd-screen direction. Has anyone an idea if such an USB-adaptor exists and where it could be found? Thanks for any feed-back!
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 07:15:10 AM »

This is already fairly commonplace, but with a built-in sensor and firmware using DDC/CI and the industry-standard MCCS to signal listening software that the screen orinetation has been physically changed. mControl is an example of such listening software. Companies like HP, Viewsonic, Samsung and LG make screens with these built-in sensors.

beert

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 01:01:54 AM »

Companies like HP, Viewsonic, Samsung and LG make screens with these built-in sensors.
Hi Ashley. Thank you for your input.
This one is a 22-inch NEC MultiSync without a build-in sensor; I would like to add one by plugging it into one of its USB-ports.

Remains the question if such an external USB-device with a rotation sensor is available on the market. I have been looking around, but I haven't found one yet...
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 03:48:18 AM »

The sensor would need to be integrated into the stand, where the actual rotation takes place. I'm not aware of any turn-key aftermarket product that would do that, and even if one where available, you'd have to design your own protocol and drivers to handle signalling.

Much *much* cheaper to just get an auto-rotating monitor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: