EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
October 20, 2017, 06:43:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon 5750 -> incompatible, what does this mean?  (Read 9776 times)
Revox

« on: October 05, 2010, 04:02:52 AM »

Hi, let me introduce myself a little bit.
Repairing CRT projectors is a kind of hobby of myself. This are those big heavy beasts that weight 65kg.
To use powerstript with them is very important. The are fully analogue and the difference in heat disapation between 75hz progressiv and 75hz interlaced is very big. The next problem is, that you must use costom porches and timmings. The build in controls are not so wideranged than on a normal crt screen.
So i use my Marquee 8500 in 75hz I 1900x1080. The problem is, that need a new graphics card with a 3 display ability (my motherboard has got only one peg slot).

THE QUESTION IS:
Am i am able to controll the refreshrate and timmings of a radeon 5750 card? I am not interested in setting up display clocks or something like this.
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:16:18 AM »

No you are not - the HD5xxx series is not supported.

Note that "supported" is not the same thing as "compatible" - PowerStrip is "compatible" with just about everything. What this means in your case is you can use PowerStrip with your 5750, but you will be limited to the resolutions and refresh rate available in Windows Display properties and nothing more.

rmorrison100

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »

Thank you Ashley. I have the same issue I encountered and not yet sure what to do with it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: