EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
April 27, 2017, 10:14:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q: How to get my Radeon 5770 working with my Samsung P2370  (Read 7628 times)
dementia13

« on: March 13, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »

Hi folks,

I've had been loving both my Radeon 5770 and my Samsung P2370, however, I can't get the DVI from the video card to work with the monitor.

(As an alternate I've been using an HDMI from my computer, but there's only one port and I also have a PS3 and constantly having to switch cables is annoying and I'm concerned I'll eventually damage the monitor).

I wrote to the AMD folks (and Samsung - they said it was the video card) and they haven't been able to help me. One of their technicians recommended Moninfo.

I got the program but can't seem to figure out how/if it will help me. How do I make a custom driver for the monitor? Also, has anyone else experienced this problem?

Any advice?

Thanks!
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30:39 PM »

No idea why they would recommend MonInfo - it may be able to tell you what is wrong, but it offers no remedies. If you need a custom driver for your monitor, the Samsung is defective.

Anyway: post the MonInfo report which connected via DVI.

dementia13

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »

I don't think it's necessarily just the monitor as a Google search confirmed that I'm not the only one with this problem.

It seems that for whatever reason this exact combo of monitor/card won't do DVI, but I can't figure out why or how to fix it.

How can I post a Moninfo report "which is connected via DVI" when I don't get any signal via the DVI? It's just black. So how can I use the app? Or are you suggesting get it ready, then connect the DVI, blindly press enter, then reconnect the HDMI so I can see?

Thanks!
Ashley Saldanha
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:29:23 AM »

It sounds like you only have the one monitor/screen available to you. You could try to do this blindly, but while you might be able to grab the MonInfo report, you'd never be able to blindly install any fix that might be called for.

I don't think it's necessarily just the monitor as a Google search confirmed that I'm not the only one with this problem.

It seems that for whatever reason this exact combo of monitor/card won't do DVI, but I can't figure out why or how to fix it.

If it is not a Samsung EDID issue on the DVI input, then it won't be fixable with a custom monitor driver. Have you checked/changed the DVI cable you are using? Is it a relatively short, direct connection between the graphics card and the monitor?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: