EnTech Taiwan EnTech Taiwan
August 22, 2017, 02:56:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Display doesn't fit on TV  (Read 9059 times)
yuchany

« on: May 12, 2011, 08:21:09 PM »

I just bought a new tower with windows 7 and a nvidia GF GT 430.  I have my computer plugged into my 40 inch sony bravia tv.  The problem is that the display from the computer is cut off around the edges on the TV.  I got powerstrip because I heard that it could fix the problem.  But whenever I try to configure the display profiles, the button for the advance timing options is greyed out and I can't access it.  How do I fix my resolution so that my computer display properly fits onto my TV?
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:23:38 AM »

Chances are you can correct this simply by changing the aspect ratio to Full (or its Sony equivalent) in your Sony OSD menu.

yuchany

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »

I already tried going into the TV's menu and changing the TV aspect ratio.  I already have the TV on full, the display area says normal and I can't change the size or the center.  Are there any other options?
Rik Wang
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 01:04:28 AM »

That's not normal - not on a new TV. Go into the NVidia Control Panel and make sure the scaling is disabled/set to use the display's scaler.

You cannot and should not have to use PowerStrip or any other software to correct this.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: